I am sitting here at my computer, my only real friend, lol looking out the window and the sky is so gray, and the rain drizzles down the window.
I have been reading blogs by others like opinionatedman and Carol Tice’s blog called “Make a Living Writing”, both of which I highly recommend to anyone that writes for a hobby or even for a career. I find many tips in these blogs that are very important to anyone, but especially to those of us that are trying to make a-go at a freelance writing career.
I do not write my personal blog with SEO in mind. I write just to inform others about whatever I come across of interest, or even what is going on in my daily life. I want the readers to know me, my followers to become engaged.
I think it is very important that you reply to all comments from those that take the time to read your posts. How else can you gain loyal followers, some who may promote your page for you and even some who may hire you to write for them.
I try to write in a way that is conversational and interesting, and although I am sure I do not always accomplish that, I really do try.
I would like to take this time to ask what it is my followers are interested in? Are you a freelancer yourself? Do you blog for fun? Is there anything you would be interested in reading about? And a biggie,..Do you have any personal tips for others that could help them with their blog?
I personally blog for both fun and to get my name out there as a freelancer. Some of my posts may be personal, about my family and my daily life. Others may be more business minded and ‘boring’ but I just love to write and if I can’t think of anything to write I go to other pages on here and find something to read and just write comments. I would recommend that you do this too, and follow other blogs.
If you take the time to comment on others posts then there is a good chance that at least a third of them will do the same for you.
Thank you for taking the time to come to my blog and read my posts, and even comment. I appreciate every one of you!
- Why Using Freelancers For Article Writing Services Is Better Than The Alternative (johnstark80.wordpress.com)
- Freelance Writing Jobs – Where Do You Get Yours? (ghostwritinguncovered.com)
- Freelance Writing and SEO (missingthemuse.wordpress.com)
- Freelance Writing IS a Real Job! (ardollak.wordpress.com)
- Blogging to Build Your Personal Brand (rasmussen.edu)
- Freelance Writing – 5 Mistakes To Avoid (ghostwritinguncovered.com)
- The Friday Five: Freelance Writing (May 3) (thewritersdailyword.com)
- Making Money Online As a Freelance Writer: Helpful Tips for Beginners (realwritingservices.com)
- Another Dreary Weekend Off (growthinrecovery.wordpress.com)
- Another dreary day for the midstate, but temps pick up this week (pennlive.com)