On My home page of this blog I put a post about an author, ‘Mary Higgins Clark’, and her book, “Let Me Call You Sweetheart”. I love all the writing from Higgins and have actually read most of what she has written.
I just finished her book “Remember”, where the main character’s Adam and Menley lost their son Bobby a year before and now had a three-month old daughter named Hannah.
Adam and Menley had a short separation after the death of their little boy, such a tragedy. (I would tell you how it all came about but that will ruin the story) The plot of the story is based in Cape Cod MA. even though they live in NY. They decide its time for a vacation and picked the Cape for their location. Adam went to the Cape his entire life with his family.
During the time there, Menley, who was a children’s book author, decided that the Cape would be the perfect setting for the next book in her series about a boy named David.
A terrible tragedy happened , and a young woman named Vivian was murdered just a day or two prior to their arrival, and Adam took on Scott, Vivian’s husband as a client, he believed that Scott was innocent of the crime they were accusing him of.
The book will surprise you as it takes an unexpected turn and characters you think would never do anything unbecoming end up being the most hideous of people.
I know the ending for me was a complete shock. I would never have expected it to end the way it did. I thought that they would find out that the house was haunted and possibly find a way to ‘Set the Spirit Free’ so to say and that would be the end, but I was so wrong. This book was so good that I didn’t want to put it down.
I recommend that if you are a Mary Higgins Clark fan and you haven’t read this book then grab a copy now. If you have never read any of her books this one would be a great place to start, but be ready to want to read every book she has ever wrote!!
- BFTA Review: Mary Higgins Clark – Daddy’s Little Girl (beforemidnightbooks.wordpress.com)
- 40 Trashy Novels You Must Read Before You Die! (francescaeilaria.wordpress.com)
- Hello World (virtuallystrings.wordpress.com)
- Karen Harper Talks about Mistress of Mourning (wordwenches.typepad.com)
- Round-Up of eBook Bargains for the Kindle (and iPad)! (July 8 2013) (randomizeme.net)
- Tom Langan (1) – the Knockanure Connection – Also Ahern’s, Knockanure & Langan’s, Duagh (langangeorge.wordpress.com)
- Abbey Lincoln 1930-2010 (somecamerunning.typepad.com)
- In-depth Review of Scott Snyder’s Batman in DC’s New 52 (residinginthefifthdimension.wordpress.com)
- Victoria Wedding at Canoe Brewpub by Karen McNeil Photography (stylemepretty.com)